Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Become


I'm pretty nervous. Not specifically but in general.
I feel entangled by these subconscious nerves that arent attached to anything
but my own twitching brain. I think they call it anxiety.
Someone once told me that anxiety can come from a sense of feeling trapped.
Im stubbled into the traps I set for myself.
Caged.
Old and rusted, bent bars that have been hit by the prisoner but have never been broken, my cage subdues me.
Anxiety locks me in and my mind starts to play, taunting with the things that seem impossible to solve.

"Daily and nightly all fighting just like me... Hear the moan of wings that will never spread.
How can I teach your soul to soar?"

She said, "Picture yourself in freedom, what are you doing?"
Become one in your freedom.
The bars start to jitter and fracture and then they vanish.
Spread. One after the other. They are there.
Step into something that the soul knows. It wants to take the tattered
and crippled wings it possesses and to flee the cage; they want to spread in the freedom that is, isn't, can and forever will be.
Then she asked me, "Can you do one more thing for me?"
Can you Just Be Free

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Can you just be free?
-That's a good question. Why is it so difficult?!